What Is Identity Theft And How Does It Happen?
What is identity theft? Identity theft and fraud (real name), is committed when thieves steal your personal information to…
- Obtain credit
- Steal money from a victim’s existing accounts
- Obtain credit cards from banks and retailers
- Establish accounts with utility companies
- Apply for loans
- File bankruptcy
This is a very real threat and one that you must be diligent in terms of prevention. It’s up to you to take steps to avoid identity theft.
The scariest thing identity thieves can do is file for bankruptcy under your name.
If they are released and don’t show for a court date, a warrant is issued in Your name. This way the thief doesn’t have to pay debts or can avoid eviction, Or they can give your name to police during an arrest.
- Obtain a job using your name
- Buy a house
- Buy a car
- Rent an apartment
Why Are You So Vulnerable?
Identity theft is so easy for a thief. Your information can also be stolen from your…
Because of all the vulnerable areas where we can be attacked, we should all be very diligent in practicing identity theft prevention.
All that is needed is some personal information such as your…
- Social security number
- Cell phone or phone number
…and any other personal information the thief can steal from you.
Identity theft is a crime of opportunity.
Thousands of dollars can be stolen in your name, without you even knowing it happened for months, sometimes years.
- Avoiding identity theft takes knowledge and educating yourself about how these crimes occur.
- It’s been well documented that criminals use a victim’s identity to commit crimes anywhere from simple traffic infractions, to major felony crimes.
More Information On: “What Is Identity Theft”
- Identity Theft Statistics– Every 79 seconds, someone’s identity is stolen. Go to identity theft statistics to learn more.
- Identity Theft Facts– ID theft facts are proof identity theft is on the rise. Learn more at identity theft facts for important information on ID theft.
- Identity Theft Victims– Go to identity theft victims to learn why it’s imperative identity theft victims follow these critical steps.
- Define-Identity-Theft– Do you know what this means? Go to define identity theft scams to find out how this happens and how to protect yourself.
- Identity Theft In America– Identity theft in America affects everyone, even children. Go to identity theft in America to find out how this happens.
What is identity theft? An opportunity for a thief to live a whole ‘New’ life, on your good credit and name.
Now that you know what is identity theft, that and my tips will give you the ammunition you need to stop yourself from becoming the next identity theft victim. While this can all sound scary, there are ways to overcome the threat, which is why I’ve partnered with Identity Theft Deterrent.
I encourage you to click here and gain an understanding of how this resource can help you.
Realize that it’s absolutely possible to avoid being caught up in the identity theft “game”.
However, it’s vital that you obtain the correct info to accomplish this.
Learn how to Prevent Identity Theft Without Paying Monthly Fees…
- For more tips on how to protect your home and vehicles from theft, see home security tips and motor vehicle theft.
- For more see credit card scams and identity theft in America.