Are Credit Monitoring Services Really Necessary?
Credit Monitoring Services can save you thousands of dollars and keep you from becoming a victim of identity theft. Most monitoring services offer a variety of services, depending on your needs and situation.
- Monitoring your credit is vital for you to do in this day and age because…
- Identity theft hits a 5-year high and is up by 22%. These are the results of a recent survey just done by Javelin Strategy and Research Company.
- Last year there were almost 10 million Americans that were victims of having their privacy invaded in a major way.
- The global economic crisis has made ID theft really big business.
- Also on the rise is the cost of breaches to U.S. companies, where the incident average cost has risen to $6.65 million in 2008.
- Because we are in the information age, No One is exempt from this crime.
- The statistics show it doesn’t matter what your age, race, gender, income or where you live.
Child Identity Theft
It is crucial to have your credit monitored as you work to keep your privacy intact. Whether you use monitoring services or if cost is an issue, you can monitor your own credit, however, if you choose the do-it-yourself route, you need to be diligent about it. Interestingly enough, a woman is 26% more likely than men to be victims. Women also took twice as long to detect the theft. Surveys have shown consumers with higher incomes are also at higher risk, and children?…
- In addition to the normal credit monitoring services, in April of 2009, Consumer Direct announced a way to empower consumers with a new tool they just launched called “Smart Credit”.
- This is an easy and quick way to protect and manage your credit.
- With just a click on a button, consumers can instantly take action on any credit report items that may negatively impact their credit score.
- This new tool will allow you to immediately take “Smart Actions” that request debt settlement, goodwill corrections, prevent identity theft by locking your credit reports and eliminate all the hours you would normally spend on the phone with the three credit bureaus and creditors to prevent identity theft.
Financial experts are constantly stressing critical credit scores to determine your loan terms when obtaining financing, what you can afford and the number of your payments. Managing and improving your credit score can be an extremely confusing process. Because of the state of the economy, millions of more people are experiencing severe enough credit blemishes to affect their chance of being approved for any kind of loans, or reasonable rates on credit cards, a major problem. What’s neat about this service is that the items that affect your credit score to the greatest degree are highlighted, so they can be addressed by priority. “Smart Actions” go right to the creditors, and creditors then update the credit bureaus. The greatest majority of banks, lenders, collection agencies and financial institutions in the United States exchange information with the system electronically.
For your credit and identity safety and health, take a pro-active approach to your own credit. If you decide to invest in any credit monitoring services, check them out before you commit.
- In my efforts to best provide you help with privacy and identity theft issues, I’ve partnered with privacy Crisis.
- I encourage you to click here and gain an understanding of how this resource can help you.
- I urge you to take the time now to learn how you can truly take steps today to ensure your privacy remains safe tomorrow.
Don’t take this issue lightly & then be in the position of apologizing to your family later. Take the proactive approach regarding today’s privacy crisis & build your identity theft prevention plan…
If you don’t have the time or just don’t want to be bothered checking on your own credit on a constant basis, make sure you enlist the aid of good credit monitoring services.