What Is Identity Theft And
How Does It Happen?
What is identity theft? Identity theft and fraud (real name), is committed when thieves steal your personal information to...
- Obtain credit
- Steal money from a victim's existing accounts
- Obtain credit cards from banks and retailers
- Establish accounts with utility companies
- Apply for loans
- File bankruptcy
is a very real threat and one that you must be diligent in terms of
prevention. It's up to you to take steps to avoid identity theft.
The scariest thing identity thieves can do is file for bankruptcy under your name.
This way the thief doesn't have to pay debts or can avoid eviction, Or
they can give your name to police during an arrest.
If they are released and don't show for a court date, a warrant is issued in Your name.
- Obtain a job using your name
- Buy a house
- Buy a car
- Rent an apartment
Why Are You So Vulnerable?
Identity theft is so easy for a thief. Your information can also be stolen from your...
of all the vulnerable areas where we can be attacked, we should all be
very diligent in practicing identity theft prevention.
All that is needed is some personal information such as your...
- Birth date
- Social security number
- Cell phone or phone number
...and any other personal information the thief can steal from you.
Identity theft is a
crime of opportunity.
Thousands of dollars can be stolen in your name, without you even knowing it happened for months, sometimes years.
- Avoiding identity theft takes knowledge and educating yourself about how these crimes occur.
been well documented that criminals use a victim's identity to commit
crimes anywhere from simple traffic infractions, to major felony crimes.
More Information On
"What Is Identity Theft"
- Identity Theft Facts - ID theft facts are proof identity theft is on the rise. Learn more at identity theft facts for important information on ID theft.
- Identity Theft Victims - Go to identity theft victims to learn why it's imperative identity theft victims follow these critical steps.
While this can all sound scary, there are ways to overcome the threat, which is why I've partnered with Identity Theft Deterrent.
- Define-Identity-Theft - Do you know what this means? Go to define identity theft scams to find out how this happens and how to protect yourself.
- Identity Theft In America - Identity theft in America affects everyone, even children. Go to identity theft in America to find out how this happens.
What is identity theft? An opportunity for a thief to live a whole 'New' life, on your good credit and name.
I encourage you to click here
and gain an understanding of how this resource can help you.
Realize that it's absolutely possible to avoid being caught up in the identity theft "game".
However, it's vital that you obtain the correct info to accomplish this.
Learn how to Prevent Identity Theft Without Paying Monthly Fees
Now that you know what is identity theft, that and my tips will give you the ammunition you need to stop yourself from becoming the next identity theft victim.
Return from What Is Identity Theft to Identity Theft Facts Home Page
From What Is Identity Theft to Avoiding Identity Theft