RFID Security Is
RFID security – It is crucial to protect yourself from electronic privacy pick pockets.
Contactless technology is imbedded in over 100 million credit cards.
stands for radio frequency identification technology allowing you to
wave your passport, credit card, or license in front of a scanner
instead of sliding the card's magnetic strip through it.
signal from the electronic scanner is then received by an antenna that
is imbedded in the card, connecting it to the card's RFID chip, which in
turn activates it.
- Millions of new passports and credit cards hold tiny two way radios called RFID chips.
- As of October 2006, by federal mandate, all United States passports issued will come equipped with contactless chips. This chip contains your picture and your other personal information on the first page.
is a hacker's dream. Just by recognizing the way a chip responds to
certain scams a hacker can determine the country where a passport comes
from without all the data even being read.
- It is
expected within the next few years that all credit card issuers will
replace every magnetic strip on every debit and credit card with a new
smart card that is contact-less.
- Readers are used by restaurants, gas stations, pharmacies, convenience and fast food stores.
- Credit card companies believe you’re safer from identity theft because your credit card never comes in contact with a stranger.
taken quite a few years for credit card companies, the press, and us
“regular citizens” to recognize the dangers to our privacy and the need
for RFID security.
- Because RFID chips are being
used more and more in the business and private sector RFID security is
imperative as these chips are now used in healthcare cards, and debit
cards.In addition, RFID security is also used by credit card
companies such as American Express, Visa and MasterCard, transportation
cards, subway fare cards and ID transportation cards, have now all been
employing cards that have implemented contact-less smart-card systems.
- Corporations use these cards to access gates, secure computer systems and areas.
To me, this is a scary proposition and leaves one more area for a thief to attack to gain access to our private, personal information.
- This gives easy access for criminals to employ what’s being called “electronic pick pocketing”. Wow! Nothing is safe, and that makes us wonder, what's next?
- Beware! This allows the thief to scan your credit card numbers and all your other personal information without ever touching you.
criminal sends a radio signal from a contact-less card reader to the
victim’s antenna, which answers, and then automatically provides the
thief all your personal card information.
- The thief uses the information from your card to make purchases to his hearts content, doing what’s called “sinking the card”.
such as expiration date, account number and other information is
emitted by the RFID chip so it’s paramount that you protect yourself.
readers keep your data safe with features that don’t allow your
information from being intercepted once your card has read it.
problem is, these same readers can not only be purchased, but attached
to a laptop and very little technical knowledge is required.
everyone has a cell phone, and now cell phones have been created with
card readers that are built in so that your information is vulnerable to
You can stop identity theft, payment
fraud and electronic pick pocketing with RFID security products that
block the radio waves sending your personal information from your
passport, ID cards, and credit cards.
Some of these products protect cell phones and wallets with all your credit cards, ID cards and badges.
company selling products to provide RFID security is IDstronghold.com.
If you give this a try, please let me know what you think.
RFID security is critical to protect you from the ravages of becoming a victim of identity theft.
Stay safe and secure with products that protect your personal information.
As I've previously mentioned, this RFID issue is a scary one indeed and is why I've partnered with Privacy Crisis.
I encourage you to click here
and gain an understanding of how this resource can help you.
Don't allow privacy thieves to dig into your important personal information. Learn what you must in order to stay protected.
Take the proactive approach regarding today's privacy crisis & build your identity theft prevention plan
Take great care, the Rfid chip in your passport is a hackers dream. Make sure you take security measures to block this radio wave in any of your credit cards, passports, health care cards etc, that have these Rfid chips in them. This is just another way for a thief to steal your identity.
Return from Rfid Security to Identity Theft Facts Home Page
From Rfid Security to Identity Theft Scams