Quick Scams For Money
Thieves Line Their Pockets!
Quick scams for money have become a very popular con artist scam and
identity theft problem, a large part due to the devastation to our
- We now have thieves whose specialty is crime in the form of what is called a "Roving Repairman".
- Beware of anyone that comes to your door and offers a special deal to “fix” anything around your house.
- Many times the crook with pick on older couples, older singles or widows for their victims.
crook will keep the victim occupied while the other crook roams around
the house, checking out what valuables you have and what they want to
steal and what information they can find for the purpose of identity
- I know someone this happened to, and the thief
stole her wedding ring set and many other jewelry items that totaled
over $20,000 dollars.
- Scam Warnings –
Beware! These men were part of a roving team of “Travelers” that are a
network of con artists that specialize in quick scams for money.
- They offer what is called “drive by promises”, cheap home repairs, or pretend to be servicemen from local utility companies.
quick scams for money have become such a huge problem because these
cons have created what has literally become a family of scammers that go
from town-to-town, state-to-state, offering to do any type of home
repairs you may need for a low price.
- One trick is to tell the victim that it is imperative for the work to be done right away.
- Their work is poorly done and, in most cases, they use oil as driveway sealant, which will wash away at the first rain and also water down any paint used.
- The real purpose behind doing all these small odd jobs is to get access to the inside of your house and steal important papers, jewelry or anything else of
value that the thief can lay their hands on.
- Many times, after the work is started, the thief will raise the price stating they were only quoting the labor and any materials would be an extra charge.
Be careful! If you argue or object to these scammers, you can be in real danger. These thieves have been known to be very aggressive and intimidating.
Legitimate contractors and repairmen do Not
come knocking on your door to find their business. Reputable and good contractors are busy enough that they don’t have to quote low-ball prices for their work.
Quick Scams For Money – Tips
- These “Travelers” very often speak in what is called Cant. This is there own secret language.
also use last names such as Holden, Stanley and Cooper, Small, Harrison
and claim an English, German, Scottish, Romanian or Irish heritage.
- The trucks they use more than likely have out-of-state license plates.
- If they do have a business name, it’s normally a very generic one such as ABC Paving, or Asphalt Paving.
The names are spelled out in vinyl or stick-on lettering.
- Many of the trucks also haul trailers. It makes the whole scam look more legitimate.
- Be aware of these scam alerts as these thieves are also known to travel around to the same areas year after year.
- “Travelers” will very rarely have licenses. Legitimate contractors carry their licenses with them.
- Immediately call the police if you are approached by a drive-by-repairman.
online to the Office of District Attorney for Colorado’s 4th Judicial
District, at dao2.elpasoco.com, click on “Consumer Alerts and Tips” and
then on “Gypsies or Travelers – home repair for more information.
Be very careful and aware of how these quick scams for money work.
There are so many different types of scams in this day and age; it pays to become informed for your own safety.
For More Quick Scams For Money See
Mystery Shopping Scams - Mystery shopping scams are becoming a huge problem for the victim who is trying to make legitimate income. Find out how at mystery shopping scams.
Psychic Scams - Psychic scams are everywhere. They advertise in newspapers, mail, and online. See how you can be scammed by psychic scams.
Infomercial Scams - Infomercial scams are definitely on the rise and cover all different areas. See what these are at infomercial scams.
Timeshare Scams - Timeshare scams are on the increase and exploding in the quantity of times this happens. Find out how these work at timeshare scams.
Internet Dating Scams - Internet dating scams are now a common occurence. Go to internet dating scams to know what to look for.
Scams On Cash Advance Company - how to avoid scams on cash advance company.
Are Paid Online Surveys Scams? - Are these scams real? You decide with the information at are paid online surveys scams.
Mortgage Scams - Mortgage scams are accelerating at an alarming rate. Protect yourself with these mortgage scams tips.
PayPal Scams - PayPal scams are on the increase, a threat to our pocketbooks and leave us open to identity theft. Go to paypal scams to learn more.
Primerica Job Scams - Are primerica job scams for real?
Business Opportunity Scams - These scams run the gambit. Find out all about business opportunity scams here.
I want to encourage you to take your privacy much more seriously and that's why I've partnered with Privacy Crisis.
I encourage you to click here
and gain an understanding of how this resource can help you.
Too often, you can be lulled to sleep in terms of letting others know more about you than they should. This is exactly what identity thieves count on.
It's vital that you don't become "lax" with this part of your life.
Learn everything you can right now about how your privacy is at stake.
Take the proactive approach regarding today's privacy crisis & build your identity theft prevention plan
As you can see, quick scams for money are just that; quick and scams. They scam you out of your money and are so quick about it you don't even know it happens until it's too late. Be alert for these scams and don't allow yourself to be their next victim.
Return from Quick Scams For Money to Identity Theft Facts Home Page
From Quick Scams For Money to Mystery Shopping Scams