Internet Dating Scams
Know What To Watch For
Don't Become A Victim!
Internet dating scams have been booming. Everyone wants to find love and
the internet makes it easy to connect with people from everywhere in
It can be better than hanging out at clubs or bars.
other hand it can be dangerous, and also lead to identity theft if you
don’t stay aware and knowledgeable concerning this.
memberships limit you to a specific geographical area and some give you
access to the world. This definitely is not the definition of
- You meet woman and men that have similar interests and have access to thousands of dater profiles from anywhere in the world.
- This also gives two people a chance for a long term and happy relationship.
As with anything, internet dating scams are also something to be educated on when going through one of these online services.
There are many dating scammers out there.
These sites attract both the good and the bad.
you’re lucky you might find your soul mate, but there are also
criminals and people looking to steal your identity that also use these
online sites as internet dating scams.
- A good friend of mine has used dating sites to meet men her own age.
She has met some that have become good friends and others that only wanted to scam.
my friend connected with a person in her area that she wanted to meet,
she would always drive her own car and meet at a coffee house,
Never let them meet you at your house or give them her address or any other personal information.
That's are very dangerous thing to do.
- When she left the meeting place, I reminded her to also be aware that the “date” was not following her home.
Using these tips will keep you safe. There are many nice people in the world today, but also many more crazies.
- One man in particular just struck us both wrong, and I suggested she do a background check on him.
did, and found that most everything he said was a lie, and some of the
things that came back on the check could have put her in jeopardy and
made her a victim.
Things are not always what they appear to be and you have to be very careful about this.
In the very beginning, don’t jump into a relationship with both feet.
Take your time, build a friendship first and progress from there.
You need to allow yourself to get to know the person first.
These days, you have to be careful about what you get yourself into.
Go to infomercial scams and timeshare scams to learn about other types of scams that can cost you money and your identity.
- You pay for access to these sites, but there is no guarantee you’ll get what is promised.
It is always necessary to be cautious about paying a large membership fee.
- Not all of the online dating sites are internet dating scams and not all online sites are only after cash from the daters.
It pays to research the dating site you are interested in signing up with.
- In many cases, the other concern with these sites is your personal data is not protected adequately.
use online dating sites if you are concerned about the privacy of your
personal information that could possibly be misused and you find you are
a victim of identity theft.
- Always weigh the good and bad about signing up with an online dating service.
They have many advantages, but don’t overlook the traps that are also a fact of life.
- Never be willing to immediately give out your personal information such as your phone number, address, or real email address.
If the person presses you for money or financial information, block his profile and delete his emails.
One of the biggest internet dating scams is called “bait profiles”.
These are lures for the unsuspecting victim. The information on the profile may be totally untrue.
- The person could actually be married, no longer a member, engaged, etc.
In reality the person may not have logged on for months. This is another scam waiting for you to become an unwitting victim.
- Many low-priced or free trial memberships help you review online dating sites.
It’s simple, just whip out your credit card and sign up.
- Beware! Read the terms and conditions of the trial subscription – if you don’t, you may unexpectedly become a full paying member and not even realize it until it’s too late.
It is too easy to forget to cancel the subscription on a certain date and you will get charged another month.
The dating service will not send a reminder; they want you to continue making that monthly payment.
internet dating scams happen because these sites will say they do a
background check on their clients, but most don’t follow through with
That is one more reason why this is a hunting ground
for cheaters, scammers, predators and any other criminals that are more
than willing to make you a victim of their scams.
very wary of emails that come from another country. If you are serious
about finding your true love, it’s a little hard to do if the person
lives thousands of miles away.
- Many of these scams are also perpetuated Because the scammer is in another country, and it’s extremely hard to follow up this type of scam if you become a victim.
- Often the person from another country will be in the business of scamming people out of money, not love.
you send money the scammer knows he has successfully given you the
illusion of love and you will definitely be willing to send more money.
This is just one more trap that you have fallen into.
For more depth about this type of scam go to nigerian scams to learn more.
has been running this type of scam for years. The FTC has had thousands
of complaints concerning these particular internet dating scams.
of love are another scam to be concerned about. If someone you just met
immediately tells you they have fallen madly in love with you, worships
you – this should be considered a red flag!
People that are normal or what I call balanced, do not normally act like this.
Be sure and protect yourself from this type of scam.
- Ask for more information from this person before you meet face-to-face.
Many times a con artist will run if you start demanding more answers to questions and “pin them to the wall”.
are many variations of these scams and, many times, the victim will be
devastated and broken hearted; but, in many cases, will lose huge
amounts of money and become a victim of identity theft.
Don’t let this happen to you.
to that “inner voice”; it’s usually never wrong. It’s when you go
against it that you will find yourself in a very uncomfortable and
Don't allow yourself to fall prey to one of
these internet dating scams. Become educated on how these scams work so
you can avoid this from happening to you.
Return from Internet Dating Scams to Identity Theft Facts Home Page
From Internet Dating Scams to Quick Scams for Money