Home Internet Security
Is A No-Brainer!
Home internet security is one of the most important steps you can implement to protect and secure your identity.
Sadly, computer identity theft has grown by leaps and bounds and is now one of the most devastating identity theft scams around.
Pc home security is extremely important for you to install on
your computer, because thieves absolutely love this particular target.
Also, go to home security tips for more important ways to protect your home.
Why Home Internet
Security Is Critical
- Home computers are easier to access because of the lack of security.
- Most people keep the computer with their high-speed
connections up and running, which makes it even easier for the thief to
commit his crime.
- Many times criminals will break into your computer by sending you an email that has a virus attached.
- When you open the email, the virus is released into
your system. At this point your computer and the information in it are
vulnerable to the thief.
- Frequently, the thief will install a new program that allows him the access he needs to continue to use your program.
- These programs use what is called a “back door” and are ingeniously disguised to run with the other programs on your system.
- Erroneous email messages, and sometimes even those
that look “non suspicious”, can destroy your system and erase all your
files and any personal information you have stored can be captured by
- All the information we send on internet, chat online,
use your browser to search for a site or send an email, passes from
computer to computer until it reaches its final destination.
None of this information is hidden, it is all “out there” for
anyone to see or capture and use for their personal destructive purpose.
Unfortunately that purpose usually devastates or destroys your life.
Home Internet PC Tips
Your security for your home internet should make use of a few important factors:
- Always keep your firewall turned on.
This helps protect your computer from hackers that try to
crash your computer, steal your credit card numbers or passwords and can
delete all your vital information.
- Make sure you keep your operating system up-to-date.
- My system uses Microsoft. Microsoft provides necessary updates on the second Tuesday of every month.
- These updates are critical and high priority to the reliability and security of your computer.
- Using antivirus software that is continually updated is extremely important.
- Spyware and viruses are considered malicious software
that can completely mess up your computer and something you seriously
need to guard against.
- Keep your anti-spyware updated. Anti-spyware will help you prevent spyware and viruses.
Finding software to get rid of viruses and spyware can sometimes be very difficult.
When looking into this for myself, I downloaded several
anti-spyware software programs and was very disappointed in how many of
Quite a few of them didn’t work as stated or completely “hosed up” my system and caused more problems then I had to begin with.
I did my homework and researched the internet for weeks and came
across a website, (Spyware Warrior’s Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware ratings
and products), that listed and rated many software packages.
Besides using Norton or McAfee I run spybot and Microsoft Security Essentials.
This might be considered over-kill, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.
See home security checklist to see how your home rates for security and critical areas that need to be protected.
The home internet security software I now use seems to have done the trick and I seldom have any problems crop up.
Return from Home Internet Security to Identity Theft Facts Home Page
From Home Internet Security to Do It Yourself Home Security